Monday, June 17, 2013

Last Day of School Fun!

For the last day of school I wanted to do something different. We usually go swimming and take the boys out for dinner or ice cream. This year, Conner got out of school 2 hours early and had his 2nd baseball tournament game later that day. I didn't want to tire him out from swimming for his game so I wanted to plan something different.

I decided to hold a mini neighborhood party for the kids. A welcome Summer party! I made a banner for them to crash through, had popsicles and ice cream and let them play games outside. It was a lot of fun! The kids were surprised when they got off the bus.


After the mini party we went to Conner's game. This game was 1 of 2 games that night to determine who would be playing the championship game. I was super impressed with Conner and his team. He caught an amazing pop up and had a couple RBI's!  Unfortunately, his team did not advance to the next round. He was sad that his season had come to an end but, I reminded him that we had a ton to do over the Summer and after the Summer we'd be back for baseball.


After the game we celebrated Conner's good grades for the term, his amazing game and, the end of the school year out at dinner!

It was a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment